World Mission University was founded by Reverend Dong Sun Lim on his firm determination
and belief that “The Global Village is My Ranch”. There was no place too far or remote to take
the message of the gospel. Founder Dong Sun Lim was a life-long missionary who had a passion
to take the message of the gospel to the ends of the world. Founder Dong Sun Lim’s desire was
to raise up Christian leaders with a strong desire to expand the kingdom of God. World Mission
University was established to train pastors, missionaries and lay leaders to impact the world for
Founder Lim’s vision was to establish a quality educational institution both academically and
“The reason I founded this school was to train faithful pastors, passionate missionaries, and lay
leaders. What I dream for this school will not be achieved overnight. My hope and prayer is that
World Mission University would become a Korean Harvard, a Korean Yale, and a Korean
Princeton in the near future”. (Dong Sun Lim, Retrospect and Prospect, 2000).
Through a shared and united vision for the school, the leadership of World Mission University
stands committed to realize/expand the vision that founder Dong Sun Lim had for the institution
and what God has in store for our future.
The Institutional Strategic Goals
The 2020–2025 Strategic Plan, approved by the Board of Directors, is organized around three
long-term goals that relate to the University’s Mission Statement and to its external and internal
contexts and constituencies: Inclusive Biblical Education, Cultural Diversity, and Innovative
Models. First, World Mission University has been attracted to innovative educational models as
it seeks “transformational biblical education.” Second, World Mission University also wants to
promote a broader understanding of “biblical education” and “impacting the world for Christ” so
that we could continue to develop academic programs that diverge from those programs that are
specifically related to traditional church ministries. Third, the University seeks to expand its
educational impact by reaching other ethnic groups.
- Accreditation. WMU will initiate CCNE accreditation process for the nursing program in 2022. Moreover, we will continue to study the feasibility of WACS accreditation in order to establish WMU as a leader in serving ethnically, culturally, and missionally diverse groups.
- Program development. WMU will continue to execute an evidence-based system for improving existing programs and developing new programs.
- Innovative education. WMU will continue to research and integrate innovative models of biblical higher education such as competency-based ministry leadership formation. We will continue to strengthen and improve the alternative patterns of teaching and learning (online, extension).
- Faculty support. WMU will continue to strengthen its system for supporting faculty research and professional development. We will also strengthen academic administration to enable academic programs to be more accountable for student success.
- Staff support. WMU will create more opportunities for our staff members to enhance their professional experiences and skills. We will research and establish a new student information management system to increase efficiency of our staff.
- Diversity. WMU will have a student body which is ethnically and culturally diverse. This diversity shall also be reflected on administration, faculty and staff. We want to attract missionally oriented students and equip them for leadership roles in a wide range of contexts.
- Student enrollment. WMU will develop and execute an enrollment management plan. It will integrate all domains of the University to achieve a higher level of effectiveness in student recruitment and retention activities that correlate with annual recruitment goals.
- Institutional advancement. WMU will continue to strengthen and diversity its financial base particularly by increasing individual and institutional donors. We will secure new sources of revenue particularly for faculty and staff support and compensation and for student financial aid programs.