The MA Theology (MAT) degree program helps Christians who are interested in Theology and work with their professionalism in various areas to be equipped as Christian leaders.
The degree program requires 42 semester credits. As many as 21 semester credits of graduate work may be transferred from another institution.
The goals of the Master of Arts [Theology] program are to
- To equip students with theological thinking and ministry competencies.
Upon completing this degree, students will be able to:
- To exhibit knowledge of Scripture and proper use of exegetical methods. (scripture)
- To demonstrate the application and practice of the Christian faith for social transformation through personal development and spiritual formation. (Spirituality)
- To demonstrate the ability to think theologically by understanding the knowledge of the Christian faith and tradition. (Christian Tradition)
- To understand the particularity of cultural context and apply God’s eternal word to a changing world and to particular individuals and congregations. (Culture)
- To demonstrate effective ministry skills within their professional ministry contexts (Ministry Skills)
To graduate from the Master of Arts in Theology program the student is required to have completed a minimum of 42 semester credits with a 2.5 GPA or above. At least 21 credits must be completed at World Mission University.
Course Titles and Level
All courses at the Masters level are numbered 500 – 699. Course descriptions are provided in this catalog.
Degree Requirements: 42 credits