The Master of Divinity program is designed primarily for those who expect to enter the pastoral ministry. It is, however, a flexible program that allows for special emphasis in the area of Biblical Preaching, Christian Counseling, Church Ministry, and Church Music.
The degree program incurs three academic years and requires 82 semester hours of credit. As many as 41 semester credits may be transferred from another institution.
The goals of the Master of Divinity program are to:
- To prepare students for diverse ministries in ministry field.
Upon completing this degree, students will be able:
- To exhibit knowledge of Scripture and proper use of exegetical methods. (scripture)
- To demonstrate the application and practice of the Christian faith for social transformation through personal development and spiritual formation. (Spirituality)
- To demonstrate the ability to think theologically by understanding the knowledge of the Christian faith and tradition. (Christian Tradition)
- To understand the particularity of cultural context and apply God’s eternal word to a changing world and to particular individuals and congregations. (Culture)
- To demonstrate effective ministry skills within their professional ministry contexts (Ministry Skills)
To graduate from the Master of Divinity degree program, the student is required to complete a minimum of 82 semester credits and write a Ministry project. The student must have a GPA of 2.5 or above. M.Div students must pass a comprehensive Bible exam before graduation.
To complete the program, a Ministry project must be submitted and approved by the graduation committee. The student will register for the course PT606 Ministry Project during the final year of the program and submit a prospectus and outline of the project for faculty approval. The school will assign an academic supervisor according to the topic of the project. The student will write a Ministry project on a topic which the student is interested and desires to further develop under the guidance of the supervisor. The length of the Ministry project will be approximately 50 pages of text, double-spaced. The Ministry project will meet the writing standards of World Mission University.
World Mission University requires Master of Divinity online program student are required to complete at least one course of work to be done in residence. This requirement may be fulfilled through intensive modular courses.
Course Titles and Level
All courses at the Masters level are numbered 500 – 699. Course descriptions are provided in this catalog.
Degree Requirements: 82 Credits