Veteran Benefits

World Mission University offers financial support to students who are U.S. military veterans. Additionally, WMU is a participant of the Department of Defense’s Tuition Assistance (TA) program for Active military service members, as outlined in the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 (Section 103).

GI bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. department of veteran’s affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site at

To apply for Veteran’s Administration (VA) benefits under the GI Bill®, student should contact the Veteran’s Administration (VA) directly at 1-888-442-455. Student can also apply for benefits by visiting

The Veteran’s Administration determines eligibility and benefit amount.

If eligibility is granted student will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). After student have applied for admission, they will need to provide COE to the School Certifying Official (SCO) at the WMU.

Once student have been accepted to the school and registered for classes the SCO will certify enrollment with the VA. Certification automatically take place 30 days prior to the start of classes. If student do not wish to use your benefits, he/she notify the SCO in writing prior to the certification. The VA will not pay any benefits until enrollment is certified by the WMU.


Progress Policy

Academic Progress will be measured at the end of each semester for all students receiving

Veterans benefits. If, at the end of any given semester, the student’s cumulative GPA falls below

2.0 for Bachelor Programs and 2.5 for Master programs, the students will be placed on probation for a maximum of two semesters. If, by the end of the probation period, the student’s cumulative GPA is not raised to above 2.0 for Bachelor programs and 2.5 for Master programs, the Veterans Administration will be notified, and benefits will be interrupted. Academic Progress records are maintained by the school and will be furnished to the student upon request.

If the SCO/director determines that the conditions which caused the interruption have been rectified, the student will be eligible to receive benefits from that point forward.


Steps to get started:

* Apply to World Mission University

* Determine your chapter.

* Apply online for your GI Bill Benefits.

* Counseling with an Academic Dean

* Register for Classes

* Meet the SCO and notify, and turn in request for certification: you must do this every yesr to be paid

* Bring in LETTER OF ELIGIBILITY (as soon as you receive it): This is the letter the VA will send you by mail once you have been approved for your GI Bill. If you change schools, you will receive a new one once the VA approves any changes.

Student Responsibility

Applications for Benefits:

VA students can submit applications online at Or they can call 1-888-442-4551 and ask that an application be mailed to them. All VA students must file an application when they first start school.

* New student: A student who haven’t received VA benefits before must file an original application (Veterans VA Form 22-1990: dependents VA Form 22-5490): ToE students VA- Form 22-1990e)

* Continuing student: A student who has received VA benefits before must file a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (Veterans and ToE students VA Form 22-1995: dependents VA Form 22-5495). Students applying for Chapter 33 in lieu of (or relinquishing) another benefit should complete a VA Form 22-1990.

* Change of Address and Direct Deposit

Address and direct deposit information must be kept current.


Monthly Verification Procedure

Currently, CH 30 and CH 1606-1607 recipients must verify attendance monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by interactive Voice Response (IVR). The preferred verification method is WAVE, which includes features not in IVR. Click on the link to the WAVE Program and follow the instructions provided. The earliest students can verify their enrollment is the last calendar day of each month. WAVE allows students to verify their enrollment on the internet.

WAVE is on the Education Service website at Students may :

* that enrollment has not changed

* Report a change in enrollment

* Change mailing address

* Initiate or change direct deposit information

* View the enrollment period and monthly benefit amount

* View the remaining entitlement

* Sign up for a monthly email reminder


Continuation of VA Benefits

The sooner you submit your request for certification to the school, the less likely you are to have a break in your monthly payments. However, WMU cannot guarantee when you will be paid. Multiple schedule changes will cause a delay in processing your certification.


The Certification Process


The Veterans Administration will pay only for courses listed on your Student Educational Program Plan. These approved courses must meet the minimum requirements for transfer or graduation established by WMU.


The VA will not pay for repeated courses which were successfully completed. Letter grades of “A”,“B” or ”C” are approved for payment of required courses. Students who repeat a course for the purpose of obtaining Academic Repeats will not be paid.


PTSA is committed to the provision of support services and/or educational accommodations to qualified students with disabilities.


Contact Information

If you have any questions or comments, please send an email to: Make your appointment to see the certifying official before your registration time if you want your benefits to be distributed in a timely manner.

Office hours: Office hours are subject to change. Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm

School Certifying Official: Kyung Hae Kim 213-388-1000 (Ext. 155),